Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thirty, Flirty and Bond

Honestly, I was not looking forward to this birthday, I don't think most people do either; it wasn't even so much the number as it was the surge of grays that marked plucking as no longer the quick-fix, now plucking would result in bald spots BUT despite the grays, the baby weight that won't come off and most of my siblings forgetting my birthday, it WAS THEE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!


My big day started the evening before when Tom watched Ben while I went and got a hair cut. THAT'S RIGHT Tom was home and home early enough Ben was still up; miracle #1! I got a trim/cut. My hair is funny. I get just a little taken off and it looks like I chopped a ton, when ya got wavy/curly hair that's how it rolls. I actually miss my days of long-long hair (not when it was to my butt, that was too long, but long enough I had my Gerry Hall look) Maybe one day I'll get there again but for now, its medium-long.

I got a text from Lacey at midnight giving me bday love reminding me it had technically begun. It was sweet. (I'm sure she was out late mackin' with her boyfriend at the time ;) At the time Tom and I were watching Diamonds Are Forever -Bond movie. It's kinda what we do when Tom needs to zone-out before he crashes, he throws in one of the thousand Bonds' and I fall asleep. It usually takes 2-4 nights to get through one film. (SIDE NOTE: Does anyone else TOTALLY LOVE IT when they fall asleep before their husband? There's such a feeling of reassurance and protection and comfort knowing "The Man" is staying up guarding the fort! Call me weird but I love it and I fall asleep sooo fast! Otherwise when Tom falls asleep first I have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep.) (SIDE NOTE 2: Diamonds Are Forever SUCKS. It's thee worst Bond film. The plot is...well I would say GAY but there has to be a GAY PLOT first to BE GAY but the plot is completely nonexistent so it's...A-sexual(??) The acting is TERRIBLE; Connery doesn't even TRY, its so blatant and he looks tired and old and bored; the "Bond Girl" is the worse....wait no, she's still better than the bimbo girl in A View To A Kill... ugh ya annoying, bad-acting, brain-dead, weird-voice chick takes the cake for worse Bond girl! Also, I hate ALL of the Roger Moore Bonds. Maybe I shouldn't totally blame him but his reign producing the lamest plots buttttt for the sake of not going off for another 5 paragraphs I'll just go ahead and blame HIM, the end.

December 19th started perfect! Tom took off work from both jobs so we could do whatever including  working on of my presents! He went out in the cold, wetness and changed out my cars' headlights, not the bulbs but the entire head lights themselves actually he took out the bulbs from the brand new lamps and put in a better quality, brighter light too. Doesn't sound very romantic, I know BUT for the past few years my cars' headlights have been so foggy I've had to always use my brights just see somewhat normally. I was SOOO excited I took pictures! haha
Before

After

During

During

After

Afterwards he gave me present #3- All the Harry Potter dvd's! I LOVE IT! Oh, present one was a great hand-held body massager I got that earlier in the week as my shoulders and neck almost always hurt- it has 100% to do with that 15 year+ headache I had and it has def come back, I really need to get some more injections, they just make all the difference. I digress...

Then we went to the mall where both Tom and Ben endured going shopping with me. I'm not a good person to go shopping with, I'm slow and picky and mythical and really I don't like to go shopping with anyone else. I like to go by myself and without being rushed. But I was torn- I NEEDED clothes AND I wanted to be with my boys...so I dragged 'em along. Ben wanted so badly to run around and just move but I think Tom held him not only for the sake of not losing him in the sea of shoppers but also to appear obvious to other's he was strictly in Victoria's Secret as the "babysitting husband" and not as a perv. lol Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I know not everyone loves O.G. but I'm a cheap date AND such a sucker for their soup and salad. I'm ashamed to admit how many encores of both I had...but in my defense/justification when you don't eat bread sticks and croutons your belly doesn't fill up and expand like everyone else's so ya, you can eat a LOT more. ;) Ben was super good during it too, it was miracle #2! On the way home we stopped into the library and picked up a load of movies, mostly for Ben, went home where I basically dropped off the boys and went to Old Navy as I got some much needed gift card $ from my parents! -Most days I wear Tom's jeans and his sweatshirts and basically look like a lesbian and not the pretty kind. I didn't end up getting anything there or at V.S. because I'm funny; there were too many people in VS and I was getting overwhelmed and when that happens I don't buy anything b/c I know when I DO buy in that kind of rush its not the right thing and I end up having to go back anyway later to exchange. Plus, Old Navy's jeans weren't on sale and they aren't worth 30 bucks, they're worth 20-tops so I'll wait a couple of weeks and continue looking like....well YOU know! LOL

On the way home I got to really "SEE" the difference my new headlights made. Holy cow I can't believe I got use to NOT seeing the road at night. Also, I had on my iPod and rapped along to the only Kanye West song I know AND love,  Flashing Lights, I repeating it over and over again all the way home. lol It's just catchy. -For the record I have the edited version ;)

When I walked through the door Tom asked me what I got, I told him nothing but I wasn't sad in the least! I had a perfect day! The only thing that could have made it superb was if I had magically turned back into my pre-pregnancy body but even so I wasn't feeling fatty-mc-butter-pants so it was great!

Oh and miracle #3? Ben gave me the best gift of all and FINALLY said, "mom" Won't say it on command since, of course not, but finally said it! =)

PS- When I was pregnant I gave in and let Tom show me all the Bond films. It was tough. I just DON'T like 87% of them. If the Bond is anyone other than the Daniel Craig I most likely hate it. A few weeks ago Tom and I saw Sky Mall, I mean Sky Fall and truth be told I really enjoyed it. Really! Hands down my favorite Bond. I know its because of the bad guy. He was intriguing and stole every scene...I ate it up and Tom loved that I loved it even if it meant I thought the bad guy was kinda attractive in a character way not physically (gross hair color- eww). 

No comments:

Post a Comment