Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What's On the Tube

Okay I’m moody so brace yourselves…. I threw out my back after church on Sunday. YAH! It certainly isn’t the worst but bad enough I couldn’t go to work. When I’ve really freaked-it-up flexing your toes causes outrageous pain and trying to move is even more pathetic as the kid in The Christmas Story that falls down and can’t get up. I started my third period in December, that’s not my third period since Ben was born but my third period in the month of December alone! A day or two before I started #3 in D I was whining to Tom how I was feeling munchy and joked I was pregnant. Obviously not. I’m TICKED because the combination of three waves of munchies in less than 30 days, hurting my back and not being able to move AND holiday treats equals Fatty McFatterson Fatty Pants.
Tom had yesterday off from both jobs- it was a big treat so I had lots of help with Ben plus he fixed some broken break lights on his own cause that’s how he is!
Here’s the white trash part. For Christmas Tom and I got the newest version of rabbit ears called Mohu Leaf Plus for our tv (that Bek and Billy gave us- thank you again!!!) It looks like a laminated piece of printer paper with a cord connecting to the tv- it’s designed to be hung, hiding behind picture frames or whatever and can pick up over a hundred channels.
Before we got it Tom did a ton of research and was aware that due to our particular back of the worst signal-picking-up-hill we were most likely not going to get reception. Basically, we got it for the next place we live but anyway- Tom hooked it up and only one channel comes in half decent- Fox!
So..from morning to midnight its Divorce Court, Cheaters, Judge EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG, Cops, Family Feud, The Simpson’s, The Big Bang Theory, Law & Order SVU, King of Queens. Truthfully, when I was able to watch The Simpson’s again I was sooo excited and immediately felt the expense was totally worth it! Ah Blessed be the Simps’. Side note. I am a huge Simpson fan! COMPLETELY. I always roll my eyes at persons who arrogantly state they weren’t allowed to watch the show as kids because it’s not good. “Oh really?” I’d ask, “So what were you allowed to watch?” Then I’d hear a list of complete ridiculousness “Oh, you know…Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, MTV, etc”
Let’s just look at the Simpson’s for a moment! Emily- I’m channeling you here. The Simpson’s go to church every week. Eat breakfast together and eat dinner at the dinner table every night. No matter what mistakes any of them make they always make things right. Homer would and does everything for his family including taking on extra jobs. Marge is a stay-at-home Mom. Homer and Marge have never had affairs though tempted. The show as a whole is a fantastic satire on everything! Poor teaching in public schools, corrupt government officials, how old people tell the same stories..the list goes on. So if you have a problem with The Simpson’s- tell me ONE show on tv where the main family does all the above?

I wouldn’t say I like Big Bang but it’s something on. Law & Order SVU? Ahhh There’s only so many times I can hear the words “rape, discharge, semen, ejaculations, etc” you know? The show is kinda like Linkin Park or Cold Play- every song/episode sounds the same. And interestingly enough (here comes the trashy part) I find People’s Court kinda interesting! Who knew? Lol I know I KNOW! I told Tom if we EVER have to go to court for ANYTHING to take every bit of proof and copy of whatever with us! Oh and DON’T be retarded to BE summons to court or have to take someone to court for whatever reason in the first place. Mostly, I think I have some tolerance for the “real life” court shows people it’s the closest to Dr. Laura Schlessinger I’ve got. Gosh she’s been off public radio for…2 years now? Not cool. I need to get an HD radio or whatever they are called.




BEN:
Ben got his 4 month shots on Friday and will be 4 months TOMORROW. He weighed in at 12lbs 7oz.
which makes him in the 10% tile 25 inches long at 50% tile. The doctor told me the difference between 10% and 50% tiles is like a pound which gave a great perspective.
He’s been reaching more and more and from 7am till when I finally get up in the morning he’s touching my face and just kicking, kicking, kicking. He’s such a kicker. It won’t be any surprise when he’s a soccer star!      
TOM:
Tom is now full time with RV Kuhn's downtown thus (drum roll) we have AWESOME medical insurance WHICH doesn't come out of our paycheck either, including dental and vision. Can I get a Hallelujah?! He's still working for Apple for a couple reasons- it pays off in our cell bills. Because he's an Apple employee he only pays 12 bucks a month TOTAL. plus my bill is 20% discounted. The other reason he's staying? He loves it- its fun for him. Well maybe its not "fun" working all day, every Saturday and working a few days a week after he's already worked 9 hrs but...we're gazelle intense what can I say?
This picture was taken at his RVK Christmas party and the first night we left Ben to go down without me- needless to say I cried as we were leaving the apartment. haha Tom and I had a great time and sat with an other couple whom the lady was the office HR rep and gave us the ins and outs of their policies- sounds boring but it wasn't we found out lots of awesome things like Tom gets 20 days of vacation a year! That's insane- not including sick or holidays either. The other reason we had such a great time was because we had a sweet missionary experience. When Tom and I were dating Tom use to give an analogy that went like this: "Its like someone asking you for the time and instead you explaining how the watch was made. Just give them the time and let them come to ask more questions instead of giving a lecture." 
Overall, it was SO apparent the HR lady's husband specifically wanted to sincerely ask tons of stuff but you could tell he didn't want to "offend". If I had it to do over again I would have said something to the effect of "ask away, what would you like to know?!!!" Either way, Tom and I had a fun date!  

1 comment:

  1. I felt like I was listening to my own Simpsons sermon. I am so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete