Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby Shower I & II

Well, first off Bek threw me a fantastic, over-the-top, out of this world Baby Shower on Saturday.
This was the second baby shower thrown for me. The first one was given by my visiting teachers and it was planned and given on September 8th and b/c Baby Ben was early it happened without me! lol I was relieved to be honest. I LOVE being center of attention when I WANT to be center of attention but I have issues with receiving gifts- I do, I admit it. I simply feel GUILTY! I just know how hard times are and I just feel so overwhelmed with people's desire and sacrifice to give.
So, its not surprising I was dreading this second shower either. And to top it off I was SO exhausted I just didn't know I was gonna be able to get through it without having a major melt-down (which happened the night before) and/or collapsing! Seriously, I heard myself slurring words a ton and at one moment as I was reading out loud to the quests the title of a book I received and I had to trice look at the word: "Shapes" before I could remember if the word WAS "shapes" "sharp" or "sharks" haha I WAS going to take my "Thursday Nap" but..instead I took Baby Ben on a stroller walk to Ashley's and back (over 3.5 miles and 4 hours).
Bek, my sister-in-law AND Bek's mom together made a really fun party. My mom took pictures and I will add them as soon as she gets a new computer and can send them to me. Aleece (my s-i-l) made a nursery rhyme cake that I just can't describe well enough you just have to see it. She's become QUITE the cake maker!
Then Bek's mom made four different spice levels of chili and gave them witty nursery rhyme names! Again I have pictures coming!!!
We had a wonderful turn out ESPECIALLY with it being Conference Weekend AND Tom and I were SO overwhelmed ONCE again with everyone's generosity! It make us both pretty emotional how loved and well taken care of we have been from family, friends, and most of all The Lord!
Okay highlights- Bek made a book of Ben's birth for us! I LOVE IT SO MUCHHHH!!! Like, She used our pictures and included the birth story in it too! I was SOOO planning on asking her HOW to do that some time soon (since she is SO good at making them for her kids) I just think its SO special!
Also, as you all know my mom was super convinced we were having a girl and she made HANDS down the most beautifully crafted quilt with like a hundred hrs? Probably more of hand-stitching, also included a blanket, pillow, wall hanging, toy,....and maybe something else I'm forgetting so when Baby Ben was born she was obviously super bummed BUT she then started on a boy quilt, blanket, etc immediately so for the shower she had everything but the quilt made and YES again, I need to add pictures because they are just SO sweet and made with CARE and LOVE! Ashley got me a year subscription to Food Network's mag and again I was just soooo happy! lol I had just earlier that day been trying to figure out how to hint to my mom how that's what I wanted for my birthday! Emily made the fantastic quilt that we've used just about everyday- so soft, so cute, so sturdy- its gonna hold up! And Emily's mom made one of those kid towels with a hood- I have to say I LOVE it WAY more than the store cute ducky one! PLUS the color is a perfect green- a rich, saturated deep green! Such great taste!
Babe Ben received all kinds of cute items like a bib for every holiday, an University of Oregon hoody, lots and lots of MUCH needed diapers (seriously we were actually out of ours and were NEEDING to got down to Salem to use the one's at my parents house!) We were just so dang spoiled!
Thank you to EVERYONE! Amanda and Danelle have sent like...5 packages throughout the pregnancy and after of wonderful items! Bek also had diapers and wipes shipped to our apartment when Ben was born when all we had was the one package we got from Amanda- (that's how unprepared we were!) I had friends come totally out of their way too! Like Michele who had here baby..wait I can to do the math. She was exactly 5 weeks ahead of me, Morgan was exactly 2 weeks ahead of me. Michele had her baby 2 weeks early, so her baby is 2 months old! okay that was almost painful! lol Anyway she came to the party THO I would have loved to have met her bay-bay! My aunts and cousin's wife came up from Eugene, and friends from my old ward growing up where there- old ward meaning from when I was born thru 8 yrs old!
Thank you Tigard 2nd Ward. Thank you Brush Hills Ward, Thank you Jan Rae Ward, Thank you Amanda, Danelle, Rebecca, Emily, Ashley, Mom, Emily's Mom, Family, neighbors, co-workers, State of Oregon, Michele, and especially everyone who was emotionally supportive throughout the pregnancy! I love you ALL!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great shower! It's too bad I couldn't stay longer. But Charlotte went to bed very well that night. So I'm sure that makes you very happy. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! You're a sweetie! I'm glad so many people are watching out for you and taking care of you! Sorry about slurring the words, I remember being so sleep-deprived I was there too! I hate it! Good luck! Keep getting out there and going for walks and getting sun! I think it will get both you and Ben on a good day schedule and hopefully he will wake minimally at night! Loves and kisses!

    ReplyDelete