Monday, June 4, 2012

Cloud 9 (months)

Gosh where to begin...hmm I think I'll start from the present and work backwards. Wait no, the pictures don't reflect that ..but ...the pictures are out of order really soooo....I'll talk about whatever and whatever order. hehe

Well Ben had a check-up today, one day shy of 9 months. He is 15lbs15oz (with a diaper and socks) in the 2% tile for weight and 1% tile in height. I feel so bad for the little guy he is gonna have such horrible growing pains some day! He's alllmmmooosssttt graduated out of size 2 diapers but more note worthy HE'S INTO EVERYTHINGGGG. He's opening cupboards and banging those pots and pans, he's munching on plug-in cords every chance he gets. He's totally bored with his toys and ready for the stuff under the kitchen sink, detergent and cleaners and stuff that will blind and burn but he's determined dang it. 
Benjamite (as I've been calling him more and more lately) has been acting very close to a terrible-2 year old than a 9 month old. Yep, that's right, he's even throwing fits, and throwing his head back. Tom and I are doing our best to keep on top of it along with his vocal, ear-percing screeches he does- we say, "Hey! NO." But he just smiles back. 
The thing I can't seem to figure out is for the past week he's been waking up around 10pm-midnight just screaming, like PANIC screaming. We'll try to let him scream it out until you KNOW he's not gonna stop and nothing calms him down except for nursing.... He won't have a fever, no messy diaper, I am always watching for him tugging more than normal at his ear, if he's constipated, etc. but none of those things are present. I've been thinking about it and I think there may be a correlation between the days he's had some kind of dairy product and when he's having a freak-out. I've also noticed TONS of gas along with the uneasiness. We'll see, today is trial #1.
Good news though, HE'S EATING FINALLY! Miracle of Miracles! It adds up to one of those Gerber fruit or vegetable containers a day along with 1/2 a jar of meat, which he seems to prefer over the other foods and I'm VERY happy with that! I'm gonna do my best, not psycho-ie of course, to limit grains, starchy vegetables and fruit. Of course I'm gonna let my kids have a pop now and then (i.e. Holidays, vacations). And for goodness sacks, no I'm NOT judging anyone of you who DO allow those things- please. Your genes are YOUR genes and my genes are my genes- you do the best with what ya got (and hope I get better on the other side!!!!)
Also, he's cut one top tooth and working on the other. And he's a pro at rolling his tongue completely over. 

This was the beginning of May I saw Tom holding Ben and starting to drift off, when I grabbed my camera Tom opened his eyes and smiled nicely at which I said "NO. Close your eyes and act like you were sleeping like you were two seconds ago!" So here's Tom totally looking like he's faking and Ben with him "Mr. Concernicus" look wondering why Mom is so weird. The answer is yet to be determined.

This is in San Antonio with Tom's sister Cassi, her husband Bryce and their kids: Baby Keegan and Action-Jackson! It was so fun visiting with some of Tom's side of the family- they are AWESOME people, inside and out! (Not that I saw their insides, you know what I'm saying)

Here's another pic in San Antonio. Someone keeps their house temp at 500 degrees thus the reason I'm red and shifzing all over while everyone else is freezing!

Ben loves laundry time. He likes walking from one machine to the other and sometimes, as seen here, he wants a piece of both (i'd make a bad pun here but I'll resist)


This is a cute little recording of Ben being Ben!

4 comments:

  1. Aww this post makes me miss Ben more than normal! Which is A LOT! So, a couple of things, #1: Wren was tiny too. I can't remember her weight at 9 mos, but I think it was right around 16 lbs too. Having a tiny baby is kinda fun though, it makes their babyhood stretch out, don't you think? #2: Ben throwing a fit-- lol, join the club. And from experience I can say telling him "no" won't be enough to make him stop. When you figure out how to make the fits stop though-- let me know! #3: Dairy gas: Let's hope that's not his problem, cause that will mean you'll need to cut out cheese you know... not a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed- small baby has been a HUGE blessing! I honestly think my back would be in even worse trouble if he were a fatty. Results from last night: Still some gas but not nearly as loud, strong as the nights before. I've eatten dairy everyday except for a couple trail days during the colic days and he's been fine. I think maybe him eating it straight-up is the problem????

      Delete
  2. I find baby fits SO hilarious! Haha I mean, they really go for it, it's so intense. And it's over like sock or something so minor, you know? So that makes it funnier.

    Be grateful you have a small one. I hardly carry around Baby C because she's so heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Ava starts fussing I shut her up with food. :) Probably wouldn't work with Ben, but just saying...lol.

    So, I did notice something with Ava that may help you, I don't know. She doesn't like packaged baby food very much. She likes it fresh - steamed, and blended with some of her formula to thin it out. It sounds like Ben is eating better, but maybe it could be even more improved?

    Love the pic of Tom and Ben - beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete