Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What a Ride

I don't know about the rest of you but DANG- its already been quite a day- overall in a good way.
I had a fantastic talk with Bek on the phone which was a big treat. I tried taking a quick shower but Ben wasn't having it so once I got at least my hair washed and some conditioner in it I jumped out and grabbed Ben and we took a shower together. (I'm sure he'll love reading this when he's older!) lol
After I got him dressed and feed him he slept for just a couple minutes only to wake up so upset and screaming. After a good 15 minutes I had to just walk away for a minute, I mean it was 11:45 and I was starving so I put some soup on the stove and that's when Ben went into the height of crying. I picked him up and gave him some boob and just talked to him to let him know Mommy will always be here, I'm not ingoring him, I never ignore him but love him greatly and am only trying to get some food in my belly so I can feed him and sometimes Mommy needs to shower and eat and go the bathroom even explaining as simple and best I could that giving into basic functions don't equal Mommy not caring. Of course I'm sure all he understands is Mom is here and Mom isn't here and where the CRAP is she???

He just looked up at me with his kind eyes and I asked him how he liked Earth like so far? He smiled. I asked him if he remembered Heavenly Father and Great Grandma and Grandpas and all other ancestors? He looked at me in a way almost to say, "you have no idea."
Ya- its weird, 12 weeks. Baby Benjamin is 12 weeks old. It's hard to believe. Life definately moves faster with children.

He's still having a difficult time shaking colic. I recognize he IS better than what he was a month ago but for Ben it hasn't been a simple peak at 6 weeks and descend.... It's been a steep, unforgiving climb that got SO bad I had toes amputated-off toes and was on constant oxygen tanks- kind of peak and I wish I could say once he reached the summit he was ready to come down...nah he's to switch-back between elevations for the last few weeks, always keeping mom on her toes...the ones that were left that is! ;)

But colic aside Ben is wonderful! He came out so observant and doesn't let up on checking everything out. I've said it once I'll say it again I'm so excited and curious as to what vocation he will go into later.
Yesterday I gathered up all his new born clothes and replaced them with the 3-6 month old stuff. It was sad. Seeing how his tiny new born outfit Tom and I picked out for him to wear home from the hospital and how we thought it was gonna be small for him but it was hanging off him for weeks and now...the pants are major high-waters! lol so in the storage bin they went and saving for next baby boy.
Tom and I are still waiting on the switch to him working full time at RV Kuhn's, he's started training a bit but he hasn't been given a date. It's a little ...weird (lack of better word) he works in production doing tons of large print projects and they want to move him to an assistant job which is so different and not neccessarily what he wants to do. Production has a lot less responsibility and answering to people, heck I totally feel the same! But the change(s) will mean some big changes for our family too so I'm excited.
He loves his dad. He loves his mommy too but he loves his daddy! Tom works almost everyday including random Sunday evenings when Apple has manitory updates. Actually Thanksgiving day was his first full day off since he requested time off when his mom came and for Ben's blessing. Tom denies it when he hears me mentioning it to anyone but he has made several comments lately how he's excited for Baby Aurora to get here too! NOT so excited he's wanting to make that happen NOW but let's just say I called it when Ben was born that I KNEW/KNOW it will be Tom who will be the one pressuring for another baby...and sooner than later I suspect too.
It's interesting I had yet another woman ask me how I'm getting along through the newborn stage after church on Sunday....the only thing I said was "that's a loaded question." Then she proceeded to tell me how she "hated" the newborn stage and didn't want to hold her first for the first 2 weeks and refused to tell her baby she loved him, etc. I didn't say anything, just listened. Me being me totally jumps to judgmental conclusions but I don't really know so I'll just say- that has NOT been my experience. Even with colic I love having a small baby to hold AND the baby prefers me cause I'm the mommy, not aunt, or mommy's friend but Mommy! It's so awesome.
I REALLY want to have a family photo done. (Charlotte- yours looks so nice!) I'm not sure what I have left to sale to make that happen but I think its important Tom and I try to make it happen soon PLUS Ben's acne is gone (even though I've been breaking out).
Just an FYI my first blog post for my new blog (still keeping this one) is almost ready. I'll be emailing you all when its ready. Basically, its a blog of me analyzing my favorite music...we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I got a shout-out! And I don't remember sending bottles, but way-to-go, me! Jessica, I love all the cute pics and stories about Ben. I'm glad you and Daddy are enjoying him so much. I'm glad he remembers heaven so well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has such a sweet face Jess. I want to hold him and squeeze him. I wish I was there to hold him when he's colicky so you can have a break.

    ReplyDelete