Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby Got Back-Fat

 

Alrighty folks, c'est moi 24 weeks pregnant with Middle C.

As some of you know we had a second ultra sound this past Tuesday but once again our efforts were thwarted by our little-little's legs being too so close together along with being breech and turned in such a way as to intersect any clear spotting of a weeny or  va-jay-jay. I guess it's just isn’t meant for us to know at this time. SOOoooo we'll ALL have to wait till he/she is born! =)

Picking out names is probably is up there in hard tasks such as computing the exact fuel needed to fly to Jupiter (which, if I'm remembering right that mission launched like 3-4 years ago and will orbit Saturn (?) twice to build up momentum before it whips out and shoots to Jupiter (?) traveling at incredible speeds -Danelle, am I thinking of the right mssion?) Anyway, where was I???
Oh yes, names. Ahh. Tom likes very traditional boy names ie., Patrick, James and even some Scandinavianess like Bjorn. Infact, Tom LOVES Bjorn. But it’s just not MASCULINE enough for me! I don't hear Bjorn exuding testosterone, you know? Tom is SO liking the name that he’s even brought up me choosing one of our kids’ names and he gets to choose this one if it’s a boy. Haha I do know it IS truly unfair, I’ve had my girl names picked for YEARS but…when we were dating I told Tom exactly that- and I remember where we were the moment I told him I was gonna have a daughter named Aurora. And you know what he said? “I love it!” So when I reminded Tom he already agreed to Aurora before we were married, he’s tried back-peddling. LOL it really shows me how much he likes Bjorn! Again, it’s too a-sexual.  
My favorites? Well….my latest favorite is Rush, THAT’S RIGHT, Rush! It’s very different while being bold, strong, and masculine. Tom doesn’t like it very much cause of the band and Rush Limbaugh references. But to me I wouldn’t name my kid Rush just cause I like Rush Limbaugh, I’d name our son Rush because Rush is different, interesting and it’s NOT a made-up name like I hear SOO many our of fellow generation Y’s annoyingly do for their off-spring. No one would have to ask him how to spell it or anything. Okay I also like Deacon, Duncan, Cedric.
As for girl names, well those are totally easy. Aurora Lily, or Saffron (Saffy for short) Scarlett.
I know there are many people who have their baby’s name totally picked out and have every baby-shower gift monogrammed with it but….to me I feel like it’s good to have a couple ideas in the air and when he/she is born you will be able to tell if he is a Bjorn or a Rush, or if she is an Aurora or a Saffy! Who knows maybe the baby will come out and just like our ultra sound will end up being “It’s Pat” LOL oh gosh no……
Anyway, I hope these pictures quench everyone’s baby-bump thirst. Though, I give fair warning it could also destroy anyone’s desire to be pregnant too!

1 comment: