Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Beach without Sand

It feels a little weird blogging.
#1.) My issues seem so uneventful, and not far from non-life threatening compared to what I know others are going through.
#2.) Even without the above it's been a LONG month!

What's new?
Answer: Everything and nothing.
Detail #1: Ben
Ben has figured out every toy in the last 24 hours. Not sure what brain juice he took but he woke up this morning and figured out how to grab/pull on a toy to make it rattle upon letting go. Last week he figured out that instead of moving toward his toys he'd simply tug on the blanket and the toys came to him. He's even gone from being on his stomach up on hands and tip-toes and starting rocking then lunged forward. It was pretty dang awesome. Of course the whole time he was freaking out and screaming wondering why I wasn't picking him up but I saw what he was doing and let him struggle for the extra moment or two.
With the exception of tonight where he actually opened his mouth in anticipation of another bit (miracle of miracles) he doesn't like food. Not peaches, not apple sauce, not oatmeal, BUTTTTT what does he like to his mother's dismay....bread & cinnamon rolls. Yep. The little baybay is on his way to fat-kid ville if I'm not careful. -Ok really he takes in the tiniest of morsel, gets it wet and there's still more soggy bread left than eaten but not for long I'm sure. Oh and he still refuses a bottle. Its still more of a blessing so I won't complain.
I think my favorite part is that he can still fit 0-3 month clothes. I love it. I'm storing away clothes just so they won't get too worn out for next baby boy (not on the way, just down the road) ;)

Details #2.) SLEEPING
KILL ME. I don't even know if I have the energy or emotional control to talk about it and be okay without drugs.... It's been tough. My little guy has been kinda bi-polar since the moment he came out, its just a fact. 3 nights in a row will be okay- he'll wake up 4 times as normal and its tiring but do-able and then......then like 3-4 night in a row he's up every hour. I thought I got on top of it by cutting out pop and chocolate but it wasn't it. It's still happening without my dp and chocolate, with the noisy fan going, being wrapped up, putting up a blanket so he can't see us just 4 feet away, even with us holding our breath. IT SUCKS.
We're planning on tough-love sleep training. That is, we are going with the quick and sever route and letting him scream it out. We've been promised that by night three he'll be sleeping through the night. -THIS IS WHERE I'LL TAKE ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT ANYONE WANTS TO GIVE!!!
We WERE going to bite the bullet this coming Tuesday and Wednesday but found out Tom will be doing an all nighter Thursday on top of working all day that day and the next morning AND evening sooo staying up all Wednesday isn't an option so maybe we'll try this Friday/Saturday? I'm nervous, not gonna lie. I know it would be 80000% easier if we had different bedrooms or could some how put him in the living room or something but it simply doesn't work any other way- TRUST ME! We've spent hours and hours on arrangements.

Detail #3.) Moving
A point of frustration, anxiety is where the fudge are we gonna to live next. We won't be going anywhere until the end of September when the lease is up and Ben will be 1 (ahhhhhh crazy!!!) And though we are looking half heartedly at this point our FULL hearts are dreaming, hoping, praying for a miracle! I know we definitely experienced one when we moved here. We had like just a couple of weeks until we had to move and nothing was panning out and it was scary so we fasted. In fact, we fasted on the hottest day of the summer it was difficult but the result was the Spirit lead me to call a friend who recommended a random person who led us here. As we were driving up to our current place it was right immediately! =) Now....we have our Ben, our needs have changed along with our budget.
My desire is to at least move slightly up but reality says we will be lucky if we are able to even move across. Whether up, down, sideways or purple ;) If it's right then it will be right and we'll be happy!

Details #4.) Becca Beach
Yesterday Ben and I drove to Bek's! It was his first visit to the beach though we never actually went to the beach- plllleeeaaaasssseee it's ME and BEK here! It was a nice thought but I accomplished what I went to do TALK and be TLAKED at! And I LOVED every moment!!!!! The saddest part, and I know anyone who has a BF who doesn't see or talk to them often will completely understand- when you finally are together your brain is in such overload of topics to cover that once you hit half way- everything goes fuzzy and you can't remember the rest cause you're sleep deprived, excited, been crying in out with your BF, handling interruptions every 2 minutes, etc. Conclusion? I just need to go more often!!! Even with gas prices being as gay as they are (ya I said used the word not in its "correct perspective", deal with it) I won't let it be a bigger deal than the deal of not having girl time! Plus, my husband is pretty supportive of me having girl time WITH another girl and not with him. (side note: this is where I do ANOTHER plug for "Men Are From Mars...." again) Gosh, I should get a cut from him with the amount of plugging I do!
Anyway- There were TONS of cute moments of Bek, Billy, Bek's kids with Ben and the only time I grabbed my camera was here!



Details #5.) Prayer
I've been struggling, wait, I've been CHOOSING to struggle with food a lot lately. It's not so much I want to or am even pigging out- that's not my problem. It's more with the weirdness of NOT ever being able to figure out what I want to eat, what sounds even half good to eat. When I say its totally like Morning sickness, IT IS. So I won't eat until something gets in my head and sounds good on my palette. But what ends up happening, wait, what I have been CHOOSING to do is waiting until I'm so hungry I CHOOSE to eat stuff I normally don't touch even on a holiday and I'm so frustrated, scared angry cause while the food tastes fine, its not good enough to feel gross, dumb about. I know that what it really comes down to is what it has ALWAYS come down to. I still fight my lot. I HAVE been in a good place about it and I want to get back there. I want it, it was sooooo relieving and I wasn't sulking or pathetic. I accepted what WAS/IS. I honestly feel what I need is more ernest prayer. This is my thing that obviously Heavenly Father knows I can get through and get through well. I may have missed the boat on enduring well part but I still have a great chance on defeating it. I know it takes daily decision making, planning ahead but more than anything ernest, sincere prayer.

6 comments:

  1. Jess, thanks for the post. I needed a good read! Ava doesn't really like fruit either. Have you tried veggies? She goes after yams and peas like they're the last foods left on earth! And her 6 mo. clothes are already too tight for her. We weighed her last night - 18 lbs! My nice chubby baby. :)

    I'm sorry you're having such sleep issues. I'm afraid Ava has spoiled us. She used to get up once a night to eat and now she doesn't get up at all. She sleeps from 8p-7:30a. She always cries when we put her down - sometimes as long as 30 minutes still. But we've been doing this for 2 months now and IT IS THE WAY TO GO! Every child is different and it may not work for Ben, but give it an honest try - so worth it!

    I too am struggling with food lately! I totally understand your feelings. I wish I had some grand advice for you...

    I think it's great that you have a BF to turn to. I don't and it's really hard. Especially since my husband and I don't talk about stuff. So, I just keep to myself and unload on a random friend every now and again to keep my sanity. You are so blessed with people that give you everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. excellent idea- I'm gonna get some peas, carrots, squash, whatever! My parents SWEAR that none of us kids have any allergies due to introducing every kind of food, plus veggies were a big part of our meals growing up. I remember going to a friends house/cousins house when I was in middle school and it was the first time I ever witnessed a kid say, eww I don't like green beans (or whatever it was) and then refuse to eat their greens. I was like OHH can I have yours!? ahhh green beans....=)

      Delete
  2. My baby isn't keen on most food either. But she loves bread and bagels! *eyeroll* I did get her to eat some green beans a few times, so I'm declaring that a win.

    I'm so sorry Ben is still not sleeping well. In my experience crying it out DOES work, by the 3rd night just as you heard from others. But it is hard. I'm not gonna lie. That first night is just awful. Can you borrow noise-cancelling headphones from someone? I wish I'd had them.

    As for food and me...well, having an infant is the time in my life when I emotionally eat. *shrug* I did it was my son, and I'm doing it now. I figure: Eat another cookie, or yell at my kids? Easy choice! I can't get down to my pre-pregnancy weight until I stop breastfeeding anyway, so I'm not very motivated til then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT is fascinating Michele! I'm am hoping to NO end I am in the same boat! I heard from a trillion ppl the miracles of weight loss from breast feeding and have experienced NONE of it. I lost 45, yes but I have 25 to go OR 35 if I want to get to my awesome wedding weight! It feel like I'm that fat kid so many years ago. So again, I'm hoping SO hard once he's weened the lbs will come off like peeling a banana- here's to hoping! (cheers with a cookie) ;)
      PS- its time for a visit! Little Ben needs to meet Little Charlotte! eeeeeeee
      MISS you lady!

      Delete
  3. i love you jess! we had so much fun with you and ben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben is so sweet. I can't wait to squeeze him! I'm sorry about the sleeping. I remember those days. Sleep training will work. I love you.

    ReplyDelete