Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jealous

Update from last blog:
1.) Effective February 28th I will be done with my Gresham store (unless something happens and they need to to cover here or there).
2.) I feel good about it. Relieved actually.
3.) I had a second round of injections on Thursday afternoon. Tom went with me which is always best. On the way home he said, "Well he (Dr. M) didn't creep me out that time." LOL I am feeling better. I can feel this round was much more effective. Not "back" to normal but the closest I've been to it in months! =) It's all a warming reminder how happy and grateful I am to be alive in this day and age of narcotics. God Bless America.
4.) Car- we'll be taking it in this next week. Again, I'm not worried about it anymore- it is what it is. PLUS due to our budgeting we have funds! yeah!
5.) Can't really do to much other than be SUPER verbal and appreciative towards my parents.
6.) Still waiting back from the Air Force Reserve recruiter guy- been waiting for several months actually but no decision(s) will be made on a whim, we just aren't those kind of people. I will say, I am MORE open to the idea of Tom doing it than ever before. I don't want to even THINK about the idea of Tom being gone for 4 months straight, not including annual 1-3 month long training things. Not sure how Charlotte did/does it. But if women can be husbandless for years at a time....no I don't think I'm gonna finish that sentence, I'm not gonna pretend I could handle it. I can't handle Tom taking 10 extra minutes to pick up some books/movies from the library on his way home from work if that gives you any kind of insight. LOL I sound so co-dependent. I promise I'm really not. Between his two jobs and my job, and Mr. Concernicus still teedering with colic I count down the minutes he comes through the door and I get relief (emotionally, physically, etc).
7.) Ok I'm jealous, I TOTALLY am. (I'm rolling my eyes at myself) because having envy for anything is stupid. Such a waste of energy, and it's negative and pathetic. I believe me own words. So I admit I'm being so selfish when I'm about to (folded arms and pouting) complain how "this and that person" have everything and I don't! LOL Gosh, when I put it like that I'm NO different than the whinny Occupy-lameos. Dang it...I don't think I can even really go into WHAT I think I'm jealous about anymore. Because the reality is whatever I want I will eventually have and I have no right to say "When I/we have it we will be MORE grateful and appreciative too!" Cause I have no way of ever knowing that and even if I was right and I did turn out to be MORE grateful or "worthy" or something, how on earth would that benefit my life??? It totally wouldn't. So being envious is a waste of time. (tho) I still do it DANG It) For crying out loud I know all of you envy me in some way...come on, you SO want my extra love handle (not the main one, thee EXTRA one....) OR my size 10 feet. SEXY-HOT, don't be hate'n.
And really. I love Tom's and my dates; they are pretty fantastic! They start with strappling an unwilling, screaming baby into his hated car seat where he continues crying until he falls asleep moments before we are ready to take him out where the crying is only heightened due to the combination of carseat hatred and unrested baby! The date gets steamy as we take a romantic walk through the massive, tall and tamed isles of Costco where we usually purchase a single item (usually peanut butter...I eat 99.9% of it's 8lb gerth in less time than it takes a liberal to get mad about something). Then we exchange suggestive glances over the flirty topic price per diaper at at one store compared to another as we indulge in decedent, luxurious combination pizza cooked hours before and left to the warming stage for who knows how long for him and for the lady, 2 sausage dogs without buns, with krut, mustard, onion and ketup ...PERRRFFFECCTTT for the kissing to come. I would say we spend the evening cuddled but garlic burps aren't as attractive as they sound.
All things considered, I LOVE our $4.99 (not including the extra chunky peanut butter purchase $8.99 on sale, otherwise $10.99 and then it's too rich for my blood) dates! So while I may not have that persons  this or that I have my extremely hardworking, and loving and willing husband who has yet to come through the door at the end of the day without a smile for me. And I have a healthy, super happy baby who loves his mommy and daddy. Who could ask for anything more? (well maybe a refill of of diet Pepsi before I leave Costco...I'm gonna get my 1.50's worth, thank you very much! ;)
This was taken at Multnomah Falls the weekend Ben was blessed- Beginning of November

3 comments:

  1. Weird! I already commented on this and now my comment is gone? Frustrating. Anyway-- I just said something like, I love you, I'm glad your back is on the road to recovery (for now, eek) and that you have such I blessed like and if I'm not careful I feel jealous of you! Love you-- Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. you totally did! Not sure what happened to it either. weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're all jealous at times. I know I certainly am. We're all blessed in different ways, but we are all so very blessed. I mean no one really has everything, even if it may appear that way. And, I guarantee you that there are/have been ppl that are jealous of you!

    Love the family pic and love you.

    ReplyDelete