Saturday, January 25, 2014

Results are in and the winner is...

I put Ben down a couple minutes ago and decided to write! Interestingly enough this is the first nap in a while I haven't gone down with him. If ONLY I had forced myself to take naps in the first year...man I wonder how different life would have turned out? Deep thoughts indeed. but yes I have been taking regular naps for the last several weeks and life has been better.

I think the most noteworthy information has to do with my X-ray results. (Drum roll please) Finds are I have moderate to severe scoliosis, the words my doctor said were, "Its not quite severe but saying its moderate its putting it lightly." I also have arthritis in the curvature areas (jealous?) lol this last Friday I got injections from the rheumatologist and it was a very different experience from the countless before it. It was a much more gentle procedure, I didn't have swelling or welts but I wish I had had more b/c it seemed like I got a children's aspirin dose instead of codeine, ya know? I go back in Monday to have more done on my back since the last ones were only in my shoulders. The doctor said he only does a certain amount each visit or its not as effective or something...or maybe this way he gets TWO co-pays? Either way its still a WHOLE heck of a lot cheaper than what I was paying before!

Treatment for scoliosis is pretty bleak but I'm going to start swimming laps once we get to Texas and I should also be pairing it with physical therapy and further injections. I'm also on a regular dose of twice a day muscle relaxers (low dose to start off). They alone make me sleepy added to the other two meds that cause drowsiness- its a miracle I'm not sleeping 18 hour days! :) One interesting side effect of muscle relaxers is they can make you extra irritable- a lot like PMS. So...Watch Out!

Texas. No definite date yet. Tom had his third interview yesterday and should be hearing back Wednesday on an offer and starting date. I guess Texas would have him asap but they want to give the store he's currently at time to replace him so anywhere from 3-5 weeks.

We sold Tom's Saab last Saturday. Tom took it like a trooper. I think I'm still having issues honestly. I think I'm in between the stages of anger and grief.

Everything is back to normal with Ben's room. After several weeks of dehumidifiers and commercial/industrial fans going 24/7 the apartment decided to pull down the ceiling, which had asbestos in it so it was quarantined and we stayed at a hotel. In all, Ben was in our room for about two weeks so this last Sunday we had to do sleep training all over again. I know I know JEALOUS again! It has gone better than expected though so I'm happy about that!

Ben. Ben has been talking more and more and better and better each day. It's wonderful and kinda sad because it means he's getting older and bigger and I wish he were a little new born all over again. =) I really know my favorite stage is the first two months. Yes, your body and mental state are mush but I love the little little baby stage the most!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - that's a lot to take all at once! I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. At least it means you know what you're dealing with, right? I hope your dr is an honest man who knows his stuff and gives you the best care possible! Congrats on Tom's job - I'm guessing you wrote this before his FB post about getting it, haha. :) Glad things are going the way you guys planned on - at least in that department! I hope the offer was awesome and that you love Texas. I'm sure it will take some getting used to, but you'll do fine.

    As far as the asbestos in your apt - holy crap. That would SO annoy me. Ava has a terrible skin rash that she itches to bleeding. She's had it basically her whole life and our dr hasn't been much help. I'm taking her to a dermatologist on Monday and I'm hoping we'll get some answers. I'm so worried it something in the carpet or the walls causing the problem. Poor babies. Anyway - love you!

    ReplyDelete